Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wyndham Screws Employees Too

What a beautiful and sunny day here today. It got up to 82 degrees!!!! Don't be a hater though.... in seven months, when I'm dealing with hurricanes, those of you in the COLD north get your payback for all the times Floridians rub in how hot it is when you are freezing! The weather has actually been very cold this year. I think it actually got down to freezing earlier this month. Unbelievable!

So, tonight's blog topic is in response to a comment I received earlier today (regarding yesterday's blog entry about Wyndham screwing owners). The comment was once again posted by someone with no return link, email address, or any way to respond, except for me to leave another comment. That didn't work very well the first time I tried it, so I thought I'd address this new comment/question directly in my blog.

Here is the comment/question:

Was wondering if anyone out there know if its legal to pay sales
employees hourly wage and then take it all back. You are not
the only one being screwed, we as employees are also.


Hi Mr/Ms Anonymous,

First of all, thank you for finding my blog about FairShare Plus owners trying to get Wyndham's attention and make some changes. You are only the second person to comment so far, so I really do appreciate you taking the time to let me know that you're out there. Your special reward for being part added to my "top-five most favorite comments of all time list" is that I will dedicate today's blog topic to you.

This is certainly an interesting comment you posted. Are you seriously talking about Wyndham sales employees who were being paid hourly wages that had their money taken back?

{Aspirin time. My head is kiling me, I'm going to have to finish this after a short break. Please check back.}

7 comments:

  1. I also am an employee and have been fighting Wyndham for fair pay. I am the only tech. that has experience and a trade license and also the lowest payrate. They just hired a kid (20-24) with no experience for $2 more per hour. So now my knowledge, wisdom, and know how just fell to a third grader when I go to work. They are in the business of screwing all workers and Owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sales employee.. It is true that we get paid an hourly wage weekly, then IF we sell something they take the hourly wage back out of our commission. :( Something that also sucks is that if you sell a "deed back" which is an owned week that the HOA or company had to take back whether people didn't pay for it or there was a death, etc. You don't get paid ANY commission at all! I didn't even know that until I sold one and didn't get a paycheck. The upside of the job is that we get to go on vacation for inexpensive & they do offer great healthcare benefits for having a part time sales job. I do wish that they would not take back the minimum wage... since we only work a maximum of 20 hours per week... that isn't much at $7.25 per hour. You'd get more at the unemployment office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's even worse for community marketers. They get paid min. wage and part time hours that they have to pay back when the commission is calculated on the number of people they get to show up for a presentation. On top of that, they get charged for the gifts they offer guests for going to the presentation. (The "gifts" are the Amex gift cards and certificates for trips to Las Vegas.) If there is anything left of their tour commission after subracting hours and gifts, then the marketers get paid their commission. What that means for most of the marketers (or actually all but one of the marketers) in our area is that they can generate tours but they don't actually get paid the commission on them. All they get is a lot of rejection and minimum wage. The company profits, but the employees do not. I've heard that the job pays better in Vegas, but it sure as hell doesn't here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also worked for Wyndham, I just quit a few days ago. They are horrible to their employees, the front line that sell to prospective new owners do all of the work and the in house that sell to owners do next to nothing and reap all of the rewards. They also lie over and over to people to get them to buy. I only worked there for 2 months, once I found out how they operated it made me sick. They are taking money from families that cannot afford it by lying about the rentals, how many nights they can stay and so many other things. It was making me sick and disgusted....one of the most unethical companies out there. As an owner I am sure you know that you cannot stay anywhere anyone wants to go for 20,000 points a week during prime season. I hope there is a class action lawsuit against them, they need to be shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wyndham is trying to deny me unemployment benefits after firing me. Is anyone going through this?. I have a hearing at the unemployment office tomorrow. Unfortunately, Wyndham didn't give me any paperwork saying they terminated me. This happened to another employee but she moved away. No one there will act as a witness because they are afraid of being fired. Please contact me at gayleandrews70@yahoo.com if you have experienced this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celebrate this Christmas season with joy and gladness in your heart...

    I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i met Funding Circle Loan PLC after i lost my job and been denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two companies. Until i was referred to Funding Circle Plc by a very good friend, so if truly you are in need of a loan i advise you contact this Godsent lender via Email: fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com OR Call/Text +14067326622 and be free from scam' Jennie Cortez by name from United State


    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new employee and I just found out that wyndham does not pay it's employees for holidays, nor do they provide health benefits that you can use. Oh, you do have to pay each month for the benefits, BUT, you also have to pay full price for each office visit and all of your prescriptions. why you ask, cause wyndham has now contracted for benefits that has a deductible to the employee of $6,550.00 pay out of Pocket per year, BEFORE ANY INSURANCE KICKS IN. RREALLY GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR, YA KNOW!

    ReplyDelete