Monday, January 26, 2009

Wyndham Owner's Forums

So, now we finally get to the title of this entire blog from day one - "Wyndham Owners Fight Back"!

There are at least five or six user's groups (or forums) out there where owners get together and discuss their ownership. One them is completely related to Fairfield/Wyndham timeshares. There are about 4000 owners there and 3999 of them are PISSED. It is great to see that I'm not the Lone Stranger about this. Everyone is quite pissed at Wyndham for making these changes, for not announcing them sooner, and for not being able to justify them.

This group is called Wyndham Owners Forums. It is quite active and their are many passionate (aka LOUD) owners there. I personally have not posted, but I do have an account. That makes me a "lurker", like any of you who show up here and DO NOT leave a comment. It's almost like you are stalking me, so please....let me know you are there, so I don't feel so uncomfortable (yes, I just plugged my own blog AGAIN).

Anyway, at Wyndham Owners Forums there has been a huge response to the increased fees, the loss of free guest certificate, and now the inability to transfer excess points. All of these were benefits originally promised when purchasing. Now they are gone. So, now.... owners are not taking it lightly.

One owner has posted a list of ten things every owner can do to "take action" to save their ownership interests. Haha. Apparently this guy counts as good as I do, because there are like 20 things listed on the "10-Step Plan to Fight Wyndham's Corporate Greed". Whatever, you get my point - owners are taking action!! And it's not just some anti-social guy in Central Florida posting an anonymous blog, it's real live people --- and LOTS of them. I hope they are successful. I will continue to lurk among that group as well as others and report back on what has been going on.

If you haven't visited there previously, I would recommend that you go there NOW. Yep, don't even finish my blog, just hit this link and go there NOW (but please come back)


I would like to hear your comments about the forums and the actions people are taking. If anyone has any other news about things going on with this corrupt company (and please don't tell me about another 500% fee increase or I'll commit Senator Harry Kerry to a life of lies and luxury), please share them with me. Don't even ask me what I just said, because even I don't know. I think I was going to say "I'll kill myself", but remember the lesson I learned with the YouTube idiot --- some people in cyberspace take things very literally. So, I changed it to that hairy word, but I didn't know how to spell cary, so I did the dumb Senator thing. Ok, whatever. You get the point. Don't give me more bad news - just tell me what is being done about this and what else I can help spread the word about.

Good-night ya'll! (no, I'm not from the south)

7 comments:

  1. Please check out cafepress.com/TimeshareTruthfulTees. You may get a chuckle or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liquidate...and get out if you are unhappy..your unhappiness is not going to change the way your company does business...they are way to big and political...If you need assistance message me.
    Sharie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liquidate...and get out if you are unhappy..your unhappiness is not going to change the way your company does business...they are way to big and political...If you need assistance message me.
    Sharie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly I love your expressive blogging..LMAO! I thought for a fleeting moment today of buying points instead of purchasing a deeded timeshare. But after reading yours and other members who are on the point system, and are very disappointed with Wyhdham we will diffidently NOT be purchasing points. Is there the same sort of worries if you buy a deeded week? Spell check please..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were also fooled into this misleading should be illegal point purchase. This is so unscrupulous, I have no idea how they get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When will you be active again.
    Have a problem of general concern.
    DrPlots@DrPlots.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an attorney wanting to file a class action against Wyndham, please leave your e-mail if your interested.

    ReplyDelete